Monday, October 4, 2010

Just Another Perfect Day for the Queen



These are the comments from my sister who had the privilege of watching this amazing race live.

"When you see her run in person, it is something you never forget. It looks so improbable and you think she is never going to get there and then she does it--with these amazingly huge strides that leave everyone else in the dust. It is sheer perfection and I get tears in my eyes every time I see her run. She makes it look easy, but not too easy--just enough to make it look almost impossible and easy at the same time."

What can I say? Perfection knows no other name than Zenyatta and it is a mystery to me why she has not made the leap from the sports pages to the front pages of every major daily. It is no small coincidence that she accomplished this 19th perfect race the weekend before the Secretariat movie is to open.

Sheer poetry and no more thrilling two minutes in sports.

No comments: