Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Droolmobile, British Version



This a clip from a recent episode of Top Gear, the hysterical British show about cars. Well it is ostensibly about cars, but as you will see from this clip, it is always about so much more.

In this episode, the Top Gear Team is testing three small cars for their ability to transport three large dogs. As the host notes, about one quarter of all the households in the UK have a dog and a car that can't handle a dogs "frankly, is useless."

I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to test the dog-portability factor of a car but the hair factor of my pack has always made me think twice. There was, of course, the time that the Lexus dealer actually let me bring the car home to see if the dogs would fit. I tried. They didn't and back the car went where I'm sure It was thoroughly vacuumed.

I didn't buy the car, but I still remember they were nice enough to let me take it for a test-fit.

No comments: