Friday, March 9, 2012

The Tigers' Mother

While there is never a dull moment in this house, Monday is shaping up to be one wild and crazy day! That's when the writer, photographer and videographer from the Princeton Alumni Weekly are descending chez moi to do a story on me, the book and my dogs.

For something new and interesting, the Princeton minds have decided that said writer should bring along his dog (a Lab named Butter) to help taste test the goodies that Chef Eileen Watkin is going to prepare. Are we having fun yet?

In any event, I decided that my trio should go to the groomer in honor of this occasion since they were looking a bit scruffy and they have returned home looking quite glamorous. Of course, it will rain between now and Monday, guaranteed, which will also guarantee they don't have that "I just came from the dog-spa" look! But they should still smell nice.

They also returned home wearing matching black and white Zebra striped bandanas, which I realized I could into tiger (Princeton mascot) bandanas with the magic of an orange highlighter.

But then I found this:

Pet paint! Guaranteed to wash off, it is paint to let you turn your pooch into just about anything--including a Princeton tiger should you be so inclined.

Rest assured that I am sticking to coloring in my bandanas for now, but pet paint was one of the products featured at this year's Global Pet Expo in Orlando, where buyers were told that pet owners are going to spend more than $52 billion dollars this year on everything from veterinary services to, pet paint!

I'll settle for some of that $52 billion going toward the purchase of a great cookbook for dogs!

No comments: