Sunday, June 24, 2012

Perfect Pitch?



So this is a pretty amazing video from Germany in which it is claimed that dogs have perfect pitch. It is a long video but up until about 5:10 the dog is playing the notes the instructor tells him/her to play. Then the instructor plays the notes on a flute and the dog plays it and then at about 10:50 the dog plays Old MacDonald Had a Farm by ear.

I am impressed but a little puzzled at the presence of a bird that seems to be hopping about on the keyboard, that has obviously been modified for dog use. The dogs seems oblivious which to me is even more amazing than the piano lesson!

I have no idea whether or not my dogs have perfect pitch, but I can report that while the video was playing (even through the sound of the high pitched whistle) they slept peacefully. This just might be a perfect pitch for private lessons!

No comments: