Saturday, May 21, 2011

Preakness Day

It is Preakness Day and my money is going to be on Animal Kingdom. I love the trainer; I love the fact that he is shipping in early this morning and the fact that Graham Motion is pleased with how his horse has prepared for the race. I truly do think he is the best horse in the race and the one to beat.

That said, Shackleford deserves some scrutiny, especially since he likes a sloppy track. We have had the most bizarre weather here all week so who knows what the track will be. Chances are by the time they run they race it will be dry and approaching fast. That is, unless we get a late day thunderstorm, which cannot be ruled out.

Here is why I truly like what is happening in the Animal Kingdom camp: "I think I've done what I can do and it's really out of my hands now," says Motion. "The nerve-wracking stuff is just getting the training done and just trying to keep things straight. We're to this point where it's really out of my hands; we just get into the races and hope everything goes smoothly."

Spoken like a true horseman.

No comments: