Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Heading for the Hills

We are about halfway through the book and on target for our October 1 deadline. As the summer winds down, Sabina is headed out to the West Coast, where we have tons of very talented and famous California chefs on board. We are both going to Connecticut before she leaves to shoot two great chefs and their pooches.

Before any of that, however, I am heading for the hills for a few days to recharge. It has been a long, hot summer and I need some downtime before I face the demands of the Fall.

In case you were wondering, I am not headed to Walt Disney World, where I could have checked in with all three of my furry critters, thanks to the opening on August 27 of Best Friends Pet Resort, where "Pluto never had it so good."

For dogs, cats, birds, potbellied pigs and small mammals like hamsters and guinea pigs, the luxury facility is not for humans--but designed to board your pet overnight or during the day while you enjoy Disney World.

Best of all: lots of perks for those staying there like bedtime stories and a water park.

Please do NOT tell Sam about this last item or there will be no living with him. We sometimes turn the sprinklers on at my parents house and that is all the water park he knows or needs!!

If you miss me while I'm gone, you can always log on to my upcoming website to see if it indeed up and coming. If it isn't, you'll understand just one of my reasons for a hiatus.

Be back in about a week unless something is so pressing, I'll blog about it from my hideout.

Otherwise, stay cool!

No comments: