Saturday, November 6, 2010

Breeder's Cup App

Here is the dilemma I face. I must attend the local SPCA gala tonight because they are honoring a dear friend. For long time readers of the blog, this is the dinner to which I took Amos a few years ago.

This year, Amos is not going to be in tow simply because I have to stay through the ceremony for obvious reasons and Amos is not always the patient type. When he decides he wants to go home, we have to go home because he starts barking, pretty much non stop. As in, the "Timmy's in the well" bark or in this case, "I'm ready to leave now, get your coat" bark. He is very insistent.

Anyway, go I must and the event, which is always punctual because people do bring their dogs, starts at 6:30. Please note the post time for Zenyatta's race is 6:45. Hence the dilemma. Of course, I am picking up another friend who also wants to watch the race.

So Plan A is to get there in plenty of time to watch the race in the hotel bar. Plan B is to hope my i-phone app for the Breeder's Cup actually works. It says it includes live streaming of the races.

As we speak, I am still waiting for the free app to download--it has taken at least ten minutes so far. As one who has not had luck with the NTRA live streaming computer apps, I am skeptical. Hopefully I will be able to test it (if it even finishes downloading) on Friday with some of those races.

I know there is always you tube--the race will surely be up within minutes and the DVR is set at home--but there's nothing like seeing it live.

Keep your fingers crossed. I think we are going to be in the bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did it work?