Friday, October 19, 2007

A Work in Progress

It is now readily apparent to me why Google stock is through the roof--they allow anyone with limited computer skills to compose and publish a blog with three easy clicks. And to do it on a whim--which is essentially what I did. It was only after I pushed the "publish post" key and saw the somewhat decent looking results, that I realized I knew absolutely nothing about the actual mechanics of this endeavor.

Thankfully they do allow you to preview your post so I did catch the error that my location was listed as Afghanistan simply because I forgot to select United States! Actually I considered the merits of leaving it on Afghanistan for a few seconds but thought it might trigger some sort of homeland security red flag.

This is all my way of saying that until I figure it all out, don't expect bells, whistles, links or photos--although I think I may have inadvertently figured out the photo thing--just words, which is, after all, what I do.

And thanks, by the way, for yours. Feedback is exactly what I have been lacking through this entire process, except for crumbs here and there, and it is nice to hear your votes of confidence. On about the second edit of my proposal, about which you will hear more in the days to come, the faceless blue pencils gave me back my voice. Once they did, I realized I had a lot to say.

Which is what I am discovering all over again.

Stay tuned.

No comments: