Monday, November 19, 2007

Upgrade

Is it just me or is it every time that Mac comes out with a new operating system, the old ones somehow start to slow down? Ever since they came out with Leopard, my old Operating System 10 point something is going at a snail's pace.

I love my Mac dearly and am a devoted lifelong customer but they do get you for being loyal. This has happened before. You hold on to the tried and true, and gradually, actually ever so gradually, it becomes obsolete right in front of your eyes.

Change is complicated especially for us baby boomer computer users. Mac does make everything easier but new systems come with new things I never use or need and more than anything else new challenges to get it to work the old way.

On the other hand, change keeps us young, keeps the brain cells functioning and lets us communicate with our kids. Sometimes though it just all feels like an expensive set-up.

I am going to call my computer guru this week and get his take on everything. Maybe I can hold on just a little bit longer....

No comments: