Saturday, February 23, 2008

These Boots Were Made for Walking




Amos is dressed to combat the salt that our township crews spray very liberally all over our roads--which is great for drivers but burns the soles of dogs' feet. He actually likes his boots--except when it is too slippery! Yesterday he started off in his boots and about halfway through our walk started to nibble them off. So I pulled them off and he made it home perfectly!

Phoebe, on the other hand, HATES her boots --so no picture of her. She pulls them off before we even leave the house.

I am totally dependent on my YAK-TRAKS, which I put on the bottom of my boots. You try being pulled by almost 200 pounds of dog power on the ice!!! Yak-Traks have been my salvation. I keep one pair in the car and one old pair attached to my snow boots. They are a little tricky indoors on slippery tile and can catch on carpet but once you get the hang of it, you will never be without.



Happy trails and tails!

1 comment:

kneadstoknow said...

What a fantastic idea to keep Amos' widdle paws nice and safe. He looks really "spiffy" in them.

Great photo!

Jo