Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seeing Double


Sammy's sister, Lucy, came for a visit yesterday afternoon and it was like seeing double! Poor Amos may be done in for quite a while..things were bad enough with one new puppy and now there were two! Anyway, the two puppies actually seemed to recognize each other (I was not the only one who made this observation!) and they thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. They ran around like banshees, rolled on top of each other and most definitely slept well last night.

Lucy is the reason that we have Sammy. She and her family live down the street and I met her when I was walking Phoebe on one glorious spring day about two weeks ago. Lucy and the children she lives with looked like a Norman Rockwell painting, scampering about on their back yard as Lucy methodically gathered all the little pairs of sneakers the kids had taken off. I was instantly smitten and inquired about her origins and well, what can I say, the rest is history.

These two puppies are absolutely identical. It is hard to tell one from the other and I think Sammy may actually be the calmer of the two. When Lucy left, Sammy sat by the fence as she walked down the street. It was priceless.

I think Sammy was delighted to be in the company of someone his own size and my other two dogs were delighted when she left. I may have come out ahead in every one's eyes....

Oh, by the way, Sammy is the one on the right in both pictures.

No comments: