Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Amos, the Wonderdog!

Of course you already knew that Amos has special powers but today's episode impressed even me, the greatest champion of his abilities.

We were loading up to go the park, an activity I do with the garage door closed to corral my wayward pack. There is a routine. Phoebe and Sam go in the back; Amos curls up in the front seat. I fill up the baggie in my jacket with treats from the garage shelf (to persuade Miss Phoebe that it is time to get in the car not dig up groundhogs), push the garage door button and get in the car.

Except today, the garage door went up all by itself. Or at least appeared to do so.

Believe it or not, I thought it was just the garage door acting up. We have been having some issues with the sensors on one of the doors turning on and off for no reason and I thought this was just another glitch. Did I wave my hand in front of something? Did I hit the button without realizing it?

So I got in the car, started it and headed for the park, scratching my head as to what made the door go up on its own. I discovered the answer when we unloaded. The garage door opener, which usually lives on my car visor, had fallen off and was stuck between Amos' seat and the center console.

Amos, the wonder dog, clearly had hit the opener while getting settled. Now if it happens again, with the opener back on the visor, I will no longer doubt Amos' supernatural abilities!

No comments: