Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good News

Sometimes the stars really do seem to align. . .

Yesterday was a big day. Lenny was entered in the Florida Derby--a great move (and one that I had been predicting. . . ) and his biggest competition Eskandereya is going to wait until the Wood to race again. It still looks like a tough field and he still has to finish 1 or 2 in order to be eligible for the Kentucky Derby, but I have a very good feeling about Lenny's first start on the dirt.

And then if that wasn't enough, we got our book contract for Lick Your Plate: America's Chefs Cook For Their Dogs and Yours!!! Deadline: Sept. 1, 2010 so we know how I will be spending my summer, but all good things. Finally.

Let's hope that these things truly do come in threes and that Lenny will make the cycle complete by winning on Saturday. And if anyone knows any chefs who have dogs, please let me know. Anywhere in the country.

Cats are slated for Volume 2!

No comments: