Friday, March 26, 2010

In Your Element


Are you in the market for a car? If so, and you have a dog or dogs, then everything I hear, read and see about the Honda Element has convinced me that it is my next car. They truly are going out of their way to cater to dog owners.

First off, let me say that my sister (who has two dogs) has had this car since it first came out and absolutely loves it. She lives in California, loves to surf and the reason she got the car was because she could load her kayak on top fairly easily and then hose down the inside when she got home. She also has a neat attachment that serves as a changing room for getting in and out of wet suits. So I am a bit biased.

But I have been noticing more and more of these funny box shaped cars at the dog park and everyone who has one loves it. The new models have a bit more styling and four wheel drive--which we need around here in case you forgot all the snow we got this year. Plus the Dog Friendly Pet accommodation option (for $995) includes a built in ramp as well as a built in soft sided crate to contain your pooches.

I know. I'm not sure Miss Phoebe would be amenable to being contained in the rear of the car but Sam would. And it comes with a doggie fan to make sure the area is well ventilated. What a concept.

Add to this the idea that the interior of the car can literally be hosed off, has a five star crash rating and you might understand why it gets my vote. It is ugly, I admit but so is the inside of my Volvo SUV.

I'm not in the market for a car but maybe by the time I am, the two tone exterior will be a thing of the past. In the meantime, if you get one, let me know what you think.

No comments: