Monday, February 28, 2011

When Pigs Paint



Over the weekend I went to the Pet Expo in my neck of the woods. I think it may have been Pet Expo weekend all over the country and if any of the other ones were like the one I attended, well I imagine the Pet Expo people made a lot of money.

I have never seen so many people with their DOGS wandering the aisles of this pet lover's extravaganza. In other words, I think I came face to face with the people who might buy my book and it was eye opening!! If only because there were so many other things that were competing for their attention and their wallets.

By far my favorite attraction was Smithfield, the painting pig, as seen above. Yes, he really does pick up the paintbrush and paint on the canvas. And yes, he does seem to enjoy it and yes, he does get covered with paint and every time he picks up one paint brush and puts down another, the crowd applauds!

Smithfield has quite the resume having appeared on the Oprah Show and the Today Show among other A-List accomplishments. He drew quite a crowd, as I imagine he always does, and yes, he does seem to like getting his picture taken!

No comments: