Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who Do You Like in the Derby?



I know it is only February but that means May is breathing down our necks--oh how I wish! In any event, the Derby Trail has begun and my personal pick--and probably the pick of everyone who watched the Breeder's Cup Juvenile (see above) is Uncle Mo, who is currently undefeated and the favorite.

I know, few favorites ever win the run for the roses, but I love this horse and I also love the owner, who is now writing a blog on Bloddhorse.com. How can you not love the following: "My goal is to make Uncle Mo as accommodating and accessible as possible to the fans..."

Can it be that the precedents set by the Jacksons with Barbaro and the Moss's with Zenyatta have started to become de rigeur? That is, the voice of the people holds sway. Just ask Secretariat.

Gotta love this horse.

No comments: