Saturday, June 27, 2009

SWAT, the Obama Edition



Ninja fly killer, to be praised or scorned? You tell me, but guess which label PETA has attached to the impressive actions of our commander in chief? Not to mention that they've raised a fuss about his inhumane treatment of the fly and sent him a kinder, gentler fly catching device that traps the fly (hopefully) so you can release it to the great outdoors.

Apparently PETA has forgotten about the potential diseases that a fly carries with it or the fact that its presence around food is most unsanitary. I personally think they may have gone a bit too far in this rant. And while I am all for live and let live, I think one has to draw the line with insects.

Case in point, the ants that are marching in voracious colonies around the entire perimeter of our house. I tried to let everyone coexist for the longest time until the infestation managed to find its way over the transom. That was it. Exterminator summoned and war officially declared.

Stay tuned. He told me I won the prize for the worst ant problem he had seen, which of course required the big guns.

Moral of the story. I don't like to think of myself as a commander in chief but battle lines have to be drawn. I think doorposts are fair and I think the ones of the White House are especially generous.

Back off PETA. This is what gets you into trouble in the first place.

No comments: