Thursday, July 8, 2010

Secretariat's Triple Crown Victories


I went to the movies over the weekend and saw the trailer for the movie Secretariat on the big screen. It does promise to be a great movie, told in that Disney style that may skimp a little on the truth, but makes up for it in the emotions department.

For those of you who never saw Secretariat's actual races, I dug up this very good video that shows him winning the Triple Crown in 1973. That Belmont race still gives me goosebumps.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

LindaVA said...

I was fortunate to be able to see Secretariat's Triple Crown run live (on TV). It was a magical time for horse racing, and I can't wait to see the movie!

Anonymous said...

British isn't my primary language, yet I can comprehend this utilizing the google translator. Excellent post, you can keep them coming! Say thanks!