Friday, May 18, 2012

Preakness Draw



The Preakness Draw is the big news from Pimlico. The Derby winner and current favorite, I'll Have Another drew post position 9, with Bodemeister in the 7 hole. Creative Cause, the California shipper, has drawn 6, next to Went the Day Well in the 5 slot. Newcomers, Tiger Walk, a Baltimore based horse, and the Michael Matz trained Teeth of the Dog are 1 and 2 respectively, along with Pretension at 3 and Zetterholm at 4. Daddy Nose Best is 8, Optimizer 10 and Cozzetti rounds out the field at number 11.

What do I think? I think Bodemeister may win the race if he has enough left in his tank after that blazing run at the Derby. The forecast is for clear skies with temperatures in the high 70's, no humidity in sight, so that should help all the horses.

I also like Went the Day Well and Tiger Walk so if I were betting an exacta, I would box those three horses. I don't think I'll Have Another is going to win--I personally think he may be sore after the Derby--but that's why they call it horse racing. It's anyone's game.

I love the smaller field, the forecast for clear, dry weather and I do hope that Michael Matz somehow gets the chance to overcome the Preakness chip on his shoulder. A nice showing by Teeth of the Dog would do just that.


No comments: