Thursday, May 31, 2012

Training Continues at Belmont



I'll Have Another continues to gallop daily over the Belmont track getting used to the deep surface often known as the "big sandy." He looks great in this video taken earlier this week.

I keep thinking about one thing trainer Doug O'Neill said after winning the Preakness--that everything has gone right for this horse. He's had no injuries, never missed a day of training, always comes out of the race sound....To me it sounds like the Barbaro story up until that awful day at the Preakness. He too was never injured or missed a day of training.

I do believe that a sound horse has a lot to do with a string of victories as impressive as this horse's and I'd like to believe O'Neill will keep him sound without the use of any illegal performance enhancers. You better believe there are millions of eyes watching this horse and this trainer so for the sake of the sport, I hope they do well without doing wrong.

No comments: